Leading a small group at the Cameron County Christian Center is an awesome opportunity for you to get together with friends, family and acquaintances, to discover the truths of God’s Word together.
No formal Bible training is necessary, just a love for Jesus and a desire to get together with people you care about. Our target groups are those who are seeking God, and those who are just coming to faith in Christ; but we want everyone to be in a small group.
A small group is just that, a small group of folks getting together for accountability, prayer, sharing of God’s Word, and fellowship. When those four things happen, it’s a small group!
We let the selected curriculum do the teaching; all you need to do as a small group leader is to help facilitate the discussion. Should questions arise that the curriculum does not address, simply make a note and contact the pastor, or one of his associates, and they will help you.
The Cameron County Christian Center has put together this catalog of materials available for your small group. Only material found in this catalog will be used for our small groups. Should you find material that you would like to use, that is not listed in this catalog, please bring it to the attention of the small group ministry director, or the pastor, for approval.
As new curriculum is found and approved, our catalog will grow, providing greater diversity.
If you are interested in leading a small group, here is the process:
- PRAY AND ASK GOD ABOUT IT
- CONTACT THE SMALL GROUP MINISTRY DIRECTOR AND SHARE YOUR DESIRE TO LEAD A SMALL GROUP
- ATTEND A BRIEF SMALL GROUP TRAINING EVENT HERE AT THE CENTER
- SELECT THE MATERIAL YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE FROM THIS CATALOG
- WE WILL HELP YOU PROMOTE YOUR SMALL GROUP FOR 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE LAUNCH DATE
- FACILITATE THE SMALL GROUP THROUGH COMPLETION
- EVALUATE THE SMALL GROUP WITH THE SMALL GROUP MINISTRY DIRECTOR
All small groups will have a start and stop date, allowing for short term commitments to the small group, rather than an ongoing group which can often be difficult to leave or get into.
So . . . what are you waiting for?